At Marion Pediatrics, P.A. we and our friendly staff offer all aspects of pediatrics medical services:
- Well child exams from birth to age 18
- Sports and camp physicals
- Pre-op physicals
- School and behavioral issues
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Inpatient hospital care for our patients
What is a Pediatrician?
A pediatrician is a physician whose specific specialty is caring for children from birth to 18 years of age. Pediatricians address acute and chronic illnesses, learning disabilities, behavioral issues and the growth and development of children. Our goal is to help ensure that children grow into mentally and physical healthy, productive and happy adults.
As parents we always worry and have questions. At Marion Pediatrics, we listen and care about your concerns. Our For Parents section is devoted to addressing and informing parents about some of the common issues and concern. These are suggested sources for reputable information. We are not responsible for any misinformation or false information that is relayed.
General Parenting Resources:
- Breastfeeding: www.lalecheleague.org
- Car seat safety - www.nhtsa.gov
- Growth and Development: www.zerotothree.org
- Growth and Development: www.kidsgrowth.com
- Autism- www.cdc.gov/autism
- Vaccine schedule- www.cdc.ogv/vaccines
- www.netsmartz.org - how to stay safer on the internet
- Children and adults with Attention – Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: www.chadd.org
- Obesity: www.healthychildren.org
- Obesity: www.kidshealth.org
- Obesity: www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/obesity
Asthma and allergy prevention
- www.aaaai.org/ Condions and Treatment Library
- Behavior and Development: Turecki, Stanley.
- The Difficult Child. Phelan,Thomas.
- 1-2-3 Magic:Effective Discipline For Children 2-12.